Not much to update now. The inner frame has been completely painted in a mix of dark grey and metallic paint to give it a sort of shiny grey look. Pretty hard to see from this pic and will be even harder once it’s fully completed since only a small amount will be visible…

The gold parts near the top correspond to the air vents once the outer armour is applied. I had planned to make them gold since the beginning, but I must admit that the initial grey did look very good! There was also some very minor detailing done in certain areas (like the pistons in the feet) and the whole frame was drybrushed with a dark metal colour to highlight some more details but the main point was to try and remove some of that plastic look, which worked out pretty well.

The hands were also slightly modified by having the fingers cut into separate digits. Initially, the 4 fingers and thumb came in 3 parts with the 3 less used digits moulded in 1 part. I cut them separately to give it a little more articulation. you can see the difference in the pic after the jump.

The down side is that the left hand no longer grabs onto the beam rifle as well as it used to. There was no difference to the right hand tho…

The next port of call will be to remove the seam lines and gaps in parts such as the rail guns and to paint the outer armour before applying them back onto the frame.  I don’t have any plans for a custom colour scheme so it’s going to follow the anime colours. I’ve already put the armour on to see how it may look once I’ve finished and I must say it doesn’t look too bad. The unpainted plastic parts do  clash a little with the newly painted joints however…

And the paint scratches off too damn easily, even after spraying it with varnish…