Bit of a late post this week (blame MGS4. Just started playing it after buying it last weekend!)

Anyway, After the fun that was liquidstone fate, I went back to my main project of Ignis. Good thing too, because it wasn’t until recently that I was able to complete enough of her to make sure that these shots would be safe for work (remember, this Cerberus project kit is cast off!)

So this is where I’ve gotten to so far.

After the base, I thought it would be plain sailing. How wrong was I? The legs proved to be much harder than I had anticipated. Primarily because the black buckles made the light stockings a pain to paint (because of all the masking) and the general detailing meant that I had alot of masking fluid to use, which complicated matters when removing it.

The cast off also gave some headaches of it’s own. I had to paint the body several times because the paint kept scratching off. A problem with PVC figures as well, but it’s amplified many times over for this kit, because I can’t do a simple cleanup like I can with Figures like Char, I’d end up rubbing off the paint. big nono!

I’m still not 100% doen with this stage yet. There’s still some cleanup to do. I also haven;t decided if I want the colour of the stocking and breast cover to remain the same. I used a very light blue base and painted over it with white to give a bit of shading to the mix, but the whole thing still looks a bit blue. Maybe more white is needed. At the same time, I don’t want it to be pure white…

Next up, I’ll have to do the skirt to finish up the clothing, another hard task due to the detailing and the fact that the inside colour is completely at odds with the outer one, and then the limbs and weapons. At least they should be easy…